Friday, January 8, 2010

Day 2 - Bloodwork

Had to take A with me to get blood work done. I don't really think that it was Day 2, though. I didn't start real flow until the next day, so I'm thinking the next time when we do the real cycle I'll be on the right day. A did really well in the lab waiting room. We talked to another lady about cats and pregnancy and how they deal with a newborn. When I was called back I tried to get A to stand in the doorway, but she wanted to stand by me. Since there wasn't room there I had to hold her on my lap. The technician wasn't too friendly, which was frustrating, because that could have gone a long way to keeping A calm. So we sat and I sang "frosty the snowman" to her while the lady prepped my arm. A was watching out of the corner of her eye and I was at the part where I was saying, "There must have been some magic", but that is when the needle went in, so instead of her saying "magic" she said, "Momma?!?" in a very concerned voice. I sang the line again and she said "Momma?" again. Luckily it was only one vial and we were done pretty quickly. She seemed concerned about the bandage on my arm, but other than that, she was fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment