Sunday, November 14, 2010

Almost 4 Months Later

IUI #4 didn't work.

Had surgery to remove the right tube. Found an endometrioma (huge surprise) and tons of endometriosis (really huge surprise) resulting in a diagnosis of Stage IV endo (due to the endometrioma) The fact that I had no symptoms of endo (especially such severe endo) is shocking. My RE said he was shocked when he looked inside at the start of the tube removal.

Recovery from surgery.

Talk about IVF #1 (spoiler alert, I'm writing a 1 there for a reason).

Start IVF #1 on 9/21. Retrieval of 19 eggs, 16 fertilized, 2 "perfect embryos" were transferred.

PEO shots were given and were extremely painful from the beginning.

Spotting and cramping a week after transfer. Lasted a week.

Two negative HPTs. Negative blood work.

Cussing RE, "Shit, I can't believe it didn't work. Dammit, you should be pregnant. Everything looked perfect."

Still feeling the effects of the PEO at the injection shots two weeks later. Itchy, redness, bumpy.

Waiting until January to try FET #1.

Had terrible dreams about taking care of a baby and being held captive. Everytime I tried to leave I would get lost on the streets and then recaptured and brought back to where I started. Pretty literal for my ectopic due date being yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment